Page last updated 24/9/2020
COVID-19 POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
(SALON OPEN FROM 4TH JULY)
(What to expect from your next visit to the salon)
I apologise in advanced for how boring and formal this whole page is, hairdressing is a very personal experience and we feel as though COVID-19 is taking over! but we have a responsibility to keep clean and keep safe.
After a few stressful months, we know that everyone is really looking forward to a good pamper. As many other businesses, we have had to adapt and add some temporary changes to ensure that we are keeping the salon, our staff and our clients safe.
PLEASE READ IN FULL
If you have any queries or questions then please don’t hesitate to contact us. This is a very confusing time for us all (email: email@example.com)
Please DO NOT come to the salon if you develop any symptoms that may suggest you have COVID-19 or if you have been in contact with anyone that has had it or may have it. See NHS website below for more info on symptoms etc
UPON SALON ARRIVAL - please read in full
Please read the following information carefully. We need to have these procedures in place to ensure that social distancing is adhered to within the salon.
- Face masks to be worn at all times. Facemasks provided upon arrival.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment. Please do not arrive any earlier than a few minutes. And please do not be late, This is very important, we have to stick to strict timings to ensure that the salon doesn’t have too many people in at one time. If you arrive late then this runs into the next persons slot so we may have to shorten your appointment. If you’re too early and your stylist hasn’t finished with their previous client then you will be asked to wait outside until that client has left. We will be running a ‘one in/one out system’
- Please come alone to your appointment, we can only allow a certain amount of people in the building at one time. Unfortunately this also means no children/babies
- Please do not NO SHOW for your appointment. We have already taken a financial hit as a business and as individuals. We can't take as many bookings as we would usually so please let us know if you cannot make your appointment. (48 hours notice required)
- No walk in appointments, scheduled appointments only
- All clients to hang up their own coats and jackets
- Hand sanitiser will be provided and will be by the front door, we kindly ask that you use this upon arrival
- We no longer have a waiting area so please don’t be alarmed if the salon looks slightly different, we have moved things around/spread out to ensure that we can adhere to social distancing guidelines
As we have no waiting area, please stand at reception and wait to be seated. Your stylist will bring you straight over to their styling station
- Unfortunately no magazines! Feel free to bring your own/a book
- All stylists will be wearing the correct PPE and facemasks at all times. Changed when needed/after each client
- Clients will be asked to unloop facemask from their ears and hold onto them whilst shampooing takes place. (hold them up to mouth for the duration)
- No physical contact between you and your stylist – as much as we’d love to give all of our lovely clients a great big hug! Sadly for now, that will have to wait
- If you would like to purchase a product then please let your stylist know and we will bag your products up safely. If you would like to look at our products then please wear gloves
- Reception area will only be used for taking payment, any future appointments are to be made whilst you’re still sat in your styling chair. All stylists have access to the diary on their phone so they will be able to do this for you. This is to avoid too many people at reception at one time/too many people moving around the salon
- Toilets are of course open for use! They will be fully stocked with sanitiser, anti bacterial wipes/cleaning products. Please help yourself to these. We will also be providing disposable hand towels so please place these in the bin provided (please don’t flush any wipes)
ADDED PPE CHARGE
We will be supplying PPE such as facemasks, gloves and hand sanitiser. All clients will be charged a fee of £3 for this (even if you bring your own mask/ppe). The charges don't apply to children under 16. This is to cover the cost of all the extra gloves we need to wear as stylists, facemasks, extra washing of towels and gowns, hand sanitiser, cleaning products provided, professional cleaning of the salon, disposable towels and cups etc. Thank you for understanding.
ADDITIONAL HAIR CHARGES MAY APPLY
Please speak to your stylist if you would like to discuss prices. If you have extra long roots due to lockdown then there may be a small additional charge. When roots are longer than usual this means that we need to use more product to cover them. This doesn't apply to every colour service.
IF YOU HAVE USED BOX DYES,
EXPERIMENTED AT HOME OR LOOKING TO HAVE SOMETHING DIFFERENT
If you have used a box dye since lock down began then please let us know. We are not going to bite your head off! I mean, it isn’t ideal but we understand that lockdown has gone on longer than we first thought it would. So we understand! We just need to know so that we can ensure that we book out the correct amount of time for your next appointment. We please ask you to understand that if this is the case, we may not be able to achieve what you would like done in one go. We will most likely need to see you for a consultation. We may need to lift out that box colour. We may not be able to get you as blonde this time. And chances are its going to cost a little bit more than normal. Please speak to your stylist and let them know of any changes to your hair and/or if you would like to have a change – what would you like to have done? Your stylist may also need to see pictures.
WHAT WE ARE DOING AS STYLISTS TO KEEP SAFE
All stylists have undertaken an online barbicide certification. This is to ensure that we are up to date on salon hygiene procedures
We are no longer double booking our clients. This means another financial hit, but we have a responsibility to adhere to strict self distancing guidelines
No double bookings means that each stylist will only have one client in at a time
This means that we can spread out in the salon so that clients will not be sat close to each other and stylists can still socially distance from each other
We have removed our waiting area and we have added an extra styling station. This enables us to spread out even more
There will be markings on the floor to ensure safe distance is kept
We are booking out extra time for each client and we will also be booking a further 15 minutes after each appointment. This 15 minutes will be used as a changeover time to get ready for our next appointment. We will be using this time to sanitise our areas e.g. chairs/shelfs and tools such as combs etc
We will be wearing face masks at all time and appropriate PPE where necessary
We now have a QR code poster in the salon that you can scan with your covid - 19 app. This is for the 'track and trace' system